Geokit gets some love!
- Gem released: Geokit is now separated into a Gem (geokit-gem) and a Rails plugin (geokit-rails). You can use the gem separately. The plugin requires the gem.
- Rails 2.2.2 compatible: the plugin is all updated for Rails 2.2.2
- Many bug fixes/updates:
- Improved Geocoder.us support -- respects authentication, and can geocode city names or zipcodes alone
- cross-meridian finds work correctly with bounds conditions
- fixed a problem with columns with "distance" in their name
- added Geonames geocoder
- the gem and plugin are now hosted at Github. The overall site is still athttp://geokit.rubyforge.org
Geokit makes it easy to build location-based apps. It provides geocoding, location finders, and distance calculation in an easy-to-use API.